We are currently recruiting a Compliance Officer (m/f/x), to strengthen the Legal Department located in Bussum, Antwerp and Hamburg. This role will be based in Bussum.
We invite Senior, Medior and Junior candidates to apply.
The Legal Department is part of the Central Services team, located in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and the United Kingdom and consists of around 35 specialists who are responsible for the reporting, accounting, legal, compliance, tax, investor relations, HR, marketing & communication, IT and information management functions of the entire Waterland group. The Waterland group is active throughout Europe with 13 offices in 11 countries.
What will be your impact
The Compliance Officer will:
- Manage the annual compliance programme.
- Monitor and update policies and practices on a regular basis.
- Draft group policies and strategies that promote the company’s goals while complying with regulations.
- Be responsible for KYC onboarding process (investors, employees, other counterparties).
- Be responsible for compliance training of all team members.
- Process and monitor KYC/AML information.
- Maintain contact with banks and investment teams and the Data Protection Officer to ensure KYC/AML data is kept up to date and support is provided when bank accounts are opened or new contracts are entered into.
- Manage regulatory reporting.
The role is highly varied and involves working in a supportive, dynamic team. The team can be characterized as software minded with focus on efficiency and transparency. Processing of information in relation to abovementioned functions in software tools is part of the job as Compliance Officer. As Compliance Officer you will be working closely with the General Counsel and the person in the statutory board with responsibility for compliance.
Be your true self
We love getting to know you and your personal strength and views. Please find below some qualifications and skills you have already gained:
- A LLM or Compliance Officer certification confirming sufficient theoretical knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering and prevention of Terrorism Financing laws and regulations.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information.
- Experience with KYC/AML processes and training programs.
- Preferably some experience with use of compliance software tools.
- Familiar with implementation of risk based approach KYC/AML prevention of sanction laws
- Used to working in an international environment.
As regards your personality:
- Well-organised, pro-active, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines. No tick-the-box mentality.
- Taking responsibility for tasks at hand. Ability to apply strong theoretical knowledge on practical situations, taking the company risk profile and goals into account.
You want to know more?
We offer a full-time or part-time employment contract. The role will be based in our Bussum office.
We commit ourselves to encouraging true team spirit and creating an inclusive and dynamic working environment in which each team member can pursue the knowledge needed to boost their career.
Work-life integration and hybrid working are important to us.