Gain experience in Sustainability and Private Equity
We are currently recruiting an ESG Intern (m/f/x) at our HQ office in Bussum, Netherlands. You will be part of the Central Services team which consists of approximately 30 specialists who are responsible for the reporting, accounting, legal, tax, ESG, investor relations, HR and information management functions of the Waterland funds and Waterland group.
This is a unique chance to become part of an experienced and leading European private equity firm and build on the firm’s commitment to being a responsible investor and owner. The firm’s integrated ESG approach, buy-and-build structure of investments, and clients’ commitment to ESG presents an opportunity to have a positive impact and contribute to ESG and operational improvements across a variety of industries and businesses.
What will be your impact?
Are you passionate about sustainability and want to know how we help our portfolio companies become more responsible businesses?
- As a private equity firm, we have responsibility over a broad portfolio of companies across different sectors. You will engage with the responsible investment teams to discuss ESG-related value creation opportunities, and/or mitigate potential exposure to ESG-related risks; you will also support the process of assessing potential new investment targets (e.g. ESG screenings);
- Steer the implementation of the firm’s ESG approach by supporting all our current processes; help monitor and improve our internal strategies;
- Monitor the impact of our ESG activities on our portfolio by managing data sets;
- Work with the ESG team, investment teams and other internal Waterland teams to coordinate reporting and develop internal/external reports that align with common sustainability frameworks (e.g., SASB, GRI, TCFD etc.);
- Help create on-point presentations for our management and investment management teams;
- Support communication and reporting to investors, regulators, and stakeholders on ESG-related matters.
What is in for you?
- Be part of an enthusiastic and highly experienced team;
- An inclusive and dynamic working environment in which each team member can pursue the knowledge needed to boost their career;
- Potential opportunity to join our team as an ESG Analyst (full-time employment contract);
- Fixed salary;
- Work-life integration and hybrid working are important to us (work-from-home office set-up, i.e. laptop for professional use).
- Duration and weekly hours are up for discussion (>2 months and 30-40 hours a week preferred)
Be your true self
We love getting to know you and your personal strength and views. Please find below some qualifications and skills you have already gained:
- High motivation and affinity to sustainability / ESG which is reflected in your studies, an internship or work experience;
- University education (finance, technical, environmental sciences, business/economics, or similar degree), preferably complemented by a master’s degree;
- The ability to work independently and efficiently;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to process and interpret data (passionate in using Excel and other data management tools);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to work with investment team members, the Central Services team, investors, and other stakeholders;
- A down-to-earth and open team player;
- Well-organized, pro-active, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines – taking responsibility for tasks at hand;
- Profound knowledge of Dutch and English. Knowledge of any other European language is desired, but not required.